The Association of Accountants and Financial Professionals in Business, the IMA, is dedicated to excellence within the management accounting profession. The Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation was developed in 1972 to provide an objective measure of an individual’s knowledge and competence in the field of management accounting. Only the CMA program recognizes the unique proficiencies required for success in this challenging profession.
About CMA (Certified Management Accountant) Course
The Certified Management Accountant credential is an advanced professional certification specifically designed to measure the accounting and financial management skills that drive business performance. The CMA course is tailor-made for accounting and finance professionals at all levels, whether you want to enhance your value to your current organization or expand your career potential. Earning the CMA will make you part of a network of over 78,000 credentialed peers worldwide. The Certified Management Accountant course has been designed to meet the evolving needs of business – today and tomorrow. We look forward to helping you achieve excellence as a professional. Certification will confirm your proficiency in your chosen field and your dedication to personal and professional growth.
Becoming a CMA
Obtaining the CMA certification shows not only a high level of competence in management accounting, but also a Strong commitment to continuous improvement and high ethical standards. Many leading international companies consider the CMA certification as the ultimate mark of excellence. The CMA certification leads to faster career advancement. Salary surveys have shown that a certified professional will earn nearly $500,000 more than a non-certified professional over the course of a career.
As a leading training institute we work on developing and nurturing your talent for the CMA. to make you a very suitable and sought after prospect for corporate standards or requirements. We understand what employers require from a management accounting role and hence our learning methodology is geared to boost your knowledge in all functions of management – Planning, Organizing, Controlling, and Directing.
Top MNCs in India require advanced accounting professionals in long run and thus, CMA training helps you to fit their requirements. Check out your eligibility below and take your first step to your career.
- No other accounting or finance credential lends itself more directly to today’s complex and changing business environment.
- You will confirm substantial knowledge of accounting, finance and important related fields and demonstrate the ability to integrate this information into the business decision process.
- You will distinguish yourself as a business professional that is committed to a strict code of ethics.
- You will demonstrate your commitment to personal professional development and lifelong learning.
Businesses around the world rely on CMAs for accounting, finance and information management and most importantly, for the strategic planning and business solutions provided by these qualified Professionals. Companies such as 3M, Boeing, DaimlerChrysler, DuPont, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Johnson & Johnson, Milliken, Caterpillar and Procter & Gamble.
To sit for the CMA exam, the candidate must meet or is expected to meet one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University.
- If Bachelor’s degree is not available or the experience, you can sit for the exams and fulfill the educational and experience requirements within 7 years.
Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI)
IMA has an active Mutual Recognition Agreement with the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI).
Upon payment of the annual IMA membership fee and the one-time CMA entrance fee, ICAI’s certified members may waive both parts of the CMA exam.
CMAs interested in obtaining the ICAI credential may waive the ICAI exam.
ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
ACCA’s fully certified members are automatically recognized as having met the education requirement for entrance to the CMA program ACCA members must complete and pass both parts of the CMA Exam.
CMAs are eligible for exemptions of 7 of the Fundamentals level examinations in the ACCA Qualification.
Pass the Exams.
- Two continuous years of professional experience in management accounting and / or financial management.
- This requirement may be completed prior to or within 7 years of passing the examination.
- Continuous part-time positions of 20 hours per week (at a rate of one year of experience for every two years of part-time employment)
Part 1 – Financial Reporting, Planning, Performance and Control
- External Financial Reporting
- Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Performance Measurement
- Cost Management
- Internal Controls
Part 2 – Financial Decision Making
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Decision Analysis
- Risk Management
- Investment Decisions
- Professional Ethics
Each exam part will consist of 100 multiple choice questions and two 30-minute essay questions.
Candidates for CMA certification must complete two examination parts:
Part 1: Financial Planning, Performance and Control
(4 hours – 100 multiple- choice questions and two 30-minute essay questions)
Part 2: Financial Decision making
(4 hours – 100 multiple-choice questions and two 30-minute essay questions)
- 3 hours to complete the multiple choice section and 1 hour to complete the essays.
- Essays will be presented after you have completed the multiple choice section of the exam or after 3 hours, whichever comes first.
- Once you complete and exit the multiple choice section of the exam, you cannot go back. You must remain in the essay section to complete the exam.
The CMA examination is given in a computer-based format.
The exams are offered at an extensive network of Prometric Testing Centers located throughout the WORLD .Exam centers are available according to local customs.
An up-to-date listing of all Prometric Testing Centers can be found at Prometric’s website
Parts 1 and 2 will be given during the following three testing window periods:
- January and February
- May and June
- September and October
Become a Member of IMA
- $ 220 per year for regular members plus one time $ 15 application fee.
- $ 110 per year for academic plus one time $ 15 application fee.
- $ 39 per year for students.
Pay the CMA Program Entrance Fee
- $ 240 fee for regular professional members
- $ 180 fee for academics and students
Exam Part Fees
- $ 395 per part for regular members
- $ 197.50 per part for academic
- $ 296.25 per part for students
Orbit Institutes’ brings you the most up to date Learning System package prepared for your CMA Exam success. We offer the CMA certification in various formats to suit your style and convenience. You can choose from either Live class, Self-study or online.
Orbit’s Live class experience includes 120 Hours of instructor led classes and quality material that is hard to match. The CMA Learning System Exam Review includes the following:
- Textbooks containing over 500 pages.
- Participant Guides
- Access to the Online Test Bank
For more information about our additional CMA packages, please call 91-20-2616 9533 / 1250 or email: [email protected]
Once certified, CMAs have a wide choice of industries and sectors to choose from. Such as, employment in private firms, small scale companies, large publicly listed companies, multinational corporations and acedemia
If you want to know what roles CMA’s find themselves in, below is an indication:
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Budget Analyst
- Internal Auditor
- Finanace Manager
- Vice President of Finance
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The CMA is the leading and fastest growing accounting crednetial globally. Getting yourself certified now will only secure your place in the highly respected field.